An ultralight stretch hoodie inspired by and designed for the exposed, blustery alpine ridges of the Tetons and beyond, the Second Light Windshell is the light-and-fast outer layer of choice for climbers, alpinists and ski mountaineers. Made with lightweight Meridian™ stretch mini-ripstop fabric with a highly weather-resistant PU coating, the Second Light blocks wind, sheds moisture and can be stashed in its own zippered chest pocket for compact storage, making it the perfect emergency layer to toss in your pack. The low-profile hood features a reinforced brim, and the cord-lock adjustable hem seals out chilly gusts while you’re charging for the summit.
Meridian™ is a 20 denier mini-ripstop nylon with mechanical stretch by construction. This extremely breathable fabric maintains a high rate of air permeability, while a DWR coating offers exceptional weather resistance.
In our commitment to being good stewards of the mountain life and protecting the places we play, each order has been completely carbon offset by stewardship initiatives.
Over 30% of our products are made with recycled or preferred material.
In our commitment to stewardship, this program is an important step in reducing our footprint by recycling and restoring apparel to new again.
- PU coated fabric for extra weather protection
- Fixed, low-profile hood with bonded brim and elastic finish
- Adjustable storm-sealing hem with low-profile cord locks customizes fit and performance
- Zippered chest pocket doubles as a stuff sack
- Reflective heat transfer Stio® and Pinecone logos
- Chin guard protects zipper from face
- Draft flap at center front zipper seals out elements
- Weight: 4 oz.