An ultralight stretch hoodie inspired by and designed for the exposed, blustery alpine ridges of the Tetons and beyond, the Second Light Windshell is the light-and-fast outer layer of choice for climbers, alpinists and mountaineers. Made with lightweight Meridian™ stretch mini-ripstop fabric with a highly weather-resistant PU coating, the Second Light blocks wind, sheds moisture and stashes in its zippered side pocket for compact storage, making it the perfect emergency layer to stash in your pack. The low-profile hood features a reinforced brim, and the cord-lock adjustable hem seals out chilly gusts while you're charging for the summit.
Meridian™️ is a 20 denier mini-ripstop nylon with mechanical stretch by construction. This extremely lightweight fabric provides excellent wind resistance and the DWR coating resists weather.
We completely offset the footprint of each order through our commitment to being climate neutral. As part of our mission we value being good caretakers of the mountain life and protecting the places where we play.
We are committed to building garments that are durable, timeless and continue to perform season after season. Over 50% of our product line incorporates preferred materials, which include organic cotton, recycled materials and responsibly-sourced down. We are committed to growing our preferred materials usage to 75% by 2025.
We believe a circular commerce system will design out waste and pollution, allowing for used clothing to be renewed and put back into use. Stio Second Turn™️ is our gear renewal program that allows customers to trade in and shop used apparel.
- PU coated fabric for extra weather protection
- Chin guard protects face from zipper
- Draft flap at center front zipper seals out elements
- Fixed, low-profile hood with bonded brim and elastic finish
- Zippered side stash pocket doubles as a stuff sack
- Adjustable storm-sealing hem with low-profile cord locks customizes fit and performance
- Weight: 4 oz.
- Center Back Length: 26" (size Medium)
- Reflective heat transfer Stio® and Pinecone logos